Saturday, March 22, 2014

Rock Hound State Park, NM

I was so excited to get here!!!  Matt and I immediately hit the trails.  Although the flies were obnoxious, we both enjoyed hunting for rocks—thunder eggs, jasper, agates, etc.  We won’t get to stay long…might be a good thing.  I already have about 10 lbs. of rocks to mail. 
Seriously one of my favorite NM state parks!
On our way out of the park, we navigated around a Catholic procession.  There must have been between 200-300 Hispanic people (young and old) walking on ½ of the road following a beautifully decorated float with a life-sized statue of _____(Sorry, I was more interested in looking at the people and their faces…I think it was the Virgin Mary, but Matt thinks it was Jesus.)  I got the chills; both Matt and I cried… It was a very reverent touching procession.  It was a gift.
Climbing the trail
Looking back at the campground (high-center of the photo)
Matt holding part of our treasure
We found some great rocks in this area
desert sunset



1 comment:

  1. Sunset so beautiful, love it. I can see campground. Wow, yeah it's gift :)

    ReplyDelete