Monday, April 7, 2014

National Museum of the Pacific War and Home of Admiral Nimitz Museum

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!
One of Matthew's and my favorite museums!  It was exceptional!  The huge museum was "divided" chronologically, by battle, and by area.  For each, there were photos, original items/materials, oral histories, large military equipment, videos, computer inter-actives, and audio machines to summarize the glut of information provided.  Matthew and I wandered for over 5 hours.  It wasn't enough time.  Luckily, the tickets are good for 48 hours.
We both learned so much...I thought I "knew" quite a bit about WWII Pacific War.  I was wrong.  I particularly enjoyed listening to soldiers ruminating about particular experiences during the war.  (While waiting for Matthew, the woman at the information desk told me that they were still actively gathering stories from veterans.  A living and growing museum--I like that.)
Matt's favorite, of course, were the videos and large military equipment.
This museum was worth the drive!

Matthew with the statue of Admiral Nimitz
Door from the USS Arizona--with damage

Fredericksburg, TX


1 comment:

  1. That's good both you learned a lot about history, military, ects! I love histories, of course. Glad Matt and you enjoyed at museum ;) Drive safely and hugs!

    ReplyDelete