Saturday, October 18, 2014

Some of our new peeps in Texas!

Yes, only some!  Again, we have been so fortunate.  Everyone here has been wonderful--staff and volunteers!  I think some of this friendliness is the typical Texan hospitality.  However, these beautiful people take it to a new level--smiles!
I promise to ultimately have photos of the all the "players" at Davis Mts. State Park.  You will want to have faces for the names...(Trust me, not only are they great people, but they do some funny stuff; I will have to report!)

These two, Rebecca and Max, are the rootin'-tootin'-weekend-headqurter-rangers!  They shoulder the responsibilities of registering campers, answering questions, monitoring reservations, etc. etc.  Max is a recent hire...Matt and I think the park made a wise and wonderful decision!  Matthew has found another "brother"--smiles!  (I think he is pretty dang cool too!)  Now, about Rebecca.  Honestly, I think her aspiration of making a pirate ship for her daughter explains her well.  No, not just a play house that looks like a pirate ship; she and her husband want a derelict ship to remodel into a pirate ship.  Dang cool mom, that woman!


This is Mary.  She was Camp Host 2, and our "host teacher" before she left for her next assignment.  She taught us the how to feed the birds, how to drive the gator, how to check on permits and site use, etc.  THANK YOU. Mary!  Your support was invaluable!  (Oh, Mary gave Matt a cool Swiss army knife.  He is still sleeping with it!)


Thank heavens we still have these two--Gary and Becky.  They are Camp Hosts 3.  Gary and Becky have been at the park for a number of months.  Unfortunately, they will be leaving in a couple of weeks; it will be impossible to replace them.  They too have been beyond supportive of Matthew and me.  (Heck, I think Matt would happily replace me with the two of them!  Okay, it does help that Becky is a FANTASTIC cook!)  These two have a beautiful cute-meet story... It is definitely one you need to hear from them--smiles!


Okay, this is part of Jacob's (the law enforcement officer at the park) family.  I cannot believe that I didn't get a good picture of Eliza, Jacob's beautiful wife.  (It will come.)
Jacob, Matt, Sienna (what a cutie!), and Noah
I have already written some about Jacob...I am certain there will be more!  Matt and Noah hit it off as fast-friends; I can well imagine some interesting adventures with the two of them!

These are a few of the people with whom we share this park.  They all bring joy, experience, and knowledge. Thank you for sharing!

1 comment:

  1. It's nice meet new people and nice gift for Matt :)

    ReplyDelete