Saturday, August 10, 2013

Considering the RV...


August10, 2013
I had to email Sportsmobile awhile back—
There was a warning label on my driver’s-side visor; it stated that I shouldn’t be sitting in this particular seat while the vehicle is in motion.  I emailed a photo of the warning label to the guys in Texas; they reported that they almost wet themselves laughing!  It certainly was the wrong warning label, and they assured me that I SHOULD be sitting in the driver’s seat while the vehicle is in motion.  (Seriously, not that they needed to tell me that, but I am happy they found their mistake fun!)
Makes you wonder where they thought the driver SHOULD sit!
There is an issue that is not as easily remedied. (For the above concern, I just ripped off the label so as not to confuse any future driver.)  I would like to change the horn on this huge piece of equipment. (Okay, it is only 19’, but it feels huge.)  Now, when you lean on the horn, it makes a very weak, strangled “beep”.  Seriously, a child would beg to have a more effective horn on his or her tri-cycle!  Well, last night, while camping on the beach, we watched a cruise ship come in and dock…I want the van fitted with the same foghorn on that baby!!!  I am telling you, I could clear streets with that horn!  Pedestrians would be cured of constipation!  Runners would break speed records!  The van would FINALLY get the respect it deserves!!!  (Instead of the giggles it receives when I “slightly toot” irritation.)  I am a bit concerned, however, I think mounting “the horn” to the van might be a slight issue…There may also be laws to consider…Hmmm, well, not that I would use it, but my middle finger still extends…

I want the foghorn on this ship!!
Note the wood remnants of the small harbor in the foreground (pre-1964 earthquake/tsunami) 

1 comment:

  1. How about rigging up a pa system like politicians use.....then you can just scream, "get outta my way, sucka". Love to you and Matt

    ReplyDelete