Saturday, June 7, 2014

Council Bluffs and Omaha...HOME

Although I absolutely love going home, I consistently leave the area wishing I had had more time to complete projects and visit more friends!  Wait, wait,  I know the answer--stay longer!  SMILES!  Duh, that was obvious...
Matthew and I had a wonderful time with friends!  To everyone with whom we were able to visit, share a meal, and/or enjoy an activity--THANK YOU!!!  To those whose hospitality included accommodating overnight guests--THANK YOU!!!
In addition to "leaving wanting more", Matthew and I always begin our treks-beyond-home with inspiring memories of joy.
Random photos taken during our time at home--

Hitchcock Nature Center campground

Agriculture--Loess Hills
Jasmine and Matthew, on their date, in the Old Market.


Matthew at Kombido class--beating and being beaten!  (Photos by Charity--thank you!)  Despite what you see in the pictures, Matthew loves all of his friends at Master Shawn's dojo.  (Heck, I do too!)









DJ and Elias--former students at ISD's graduation ceremony!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Diane and Matthew--celebrating her 70th!  Happy Birthday!










                    Sarah working at HyVee--moving carts and bagging groceries!  Good work!!! Love ya, Sarah!


There was inclement weather in Council Bluffs the night before we left... No, better--there was a HUGE damn storm on Wednesday, June 4th.
Jen, our meteorologist friend, described it as, "the sky opened-up and hail and hell fell simultaneously!" Articulately stated my dear friend!
The Romey/Trucano family kept vigil in the basement most of the evening--severe storm and tornado watch warnings relentlessly repeated on the radio.  We lost electricity early evening.  The tennis-ball-sized hail broke two windows upstairs and opened a hole in the workshop roof.  Trees lost limbs, branches, and leaves.  The roof on the house was damaged, and there were dents/holes in the siding...yep, hail and hell.
Good luck to all of you with property damage...I am sorry.
Matthew, Cindy, and Katie--enjoying a picnic supper in the basement.
Even in a difficult situation, Cindy plans "fun".
Matt loving on Spencer, in the basement, safe from the storm.
So, Matthew and I are committed; we will stay in Council Bluffs/Omaha for a longer period... Now, I only need to manufacture more time!
Love to all of you!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice picture of us!! I remember Sarah :) Hitchcock Nature Center so beautiful with green! Good job, Matt do his karate class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is an old post, but I googled you and voila! Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete