Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Newport, Oregon


Continuing south, we decided to follow Hwy 101 (coastal hwy.)  Again, how could it be anything but gorgeous?  Wait, I am getting ahead of myself.  Before the trek to California, we paused in Newport, Oregon.  Matt and I enjoy the odd and/or unique…a stop at Ripley’s Believe it or Not, imperative!  We also went to the Wax Museum and The Undersea Garden—what can I say, the three-for-one price was too good to pass up!
Gollum--spooky! (Wax Museum)
Ripley's Believe it or Not
Matt and his mummy...
Fortune teller--Matt was hoping Zoltar would promises riches and the opportunity to be a karate teacher!
(The machine didn't work--smiles!)
Way cool dance and color display--Matthew danced for 15 minutes!!!  He would have danced longer, but the people in line were beginning to complain.

The Wax Museum

My Johnny... (Yes, he is!)  


Mae West, WC Fields, Michael Jackson, Robert Redford, Paul Newman, and Peter Sellers--"in the wax" (versus "in the flesh" get it?)


The Undersea Garden


The aquarium at the bottom of a boat

Sea lions out on the dock--mother and pup (okay, more like an adolescent)



1 comment:

  1. It so cool!!! I never touch at The Wax Museum before. Matt, you dance!
    Susan, you like Johnny? I didn't know that. What time in Oregon? So I can stay up for bit and where you staying at?

    ReplyDelete