Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Oregon treehouse and ziplines

Okay, I WAY over-shot the budget on this adventure, but it was too much fun!  Matt and I arrived at the Out 'n' About resort just after noon.  The place itself was a visual feast of tree houses, outdoor activities, horses, dogs, fire pits, and well, opportunities of joy!!!
First order of business--get our place for the night.  We chose the highest tree house available, Pleasantree--37 feet up.
Our treehouse for the night!
To get to our "house", we had to cross two suspension bridges. 
I slept in the loft--after I hit my head on the ceiling a couple of times, I learned not to sit-up.  (You would think it wouldn't take too many whacks to figure that out...after four "bangs", I got it!)
Matt chose to sleep in the top bunk; he is a smart man.
Once we had "claimed" our primitive accommodations, we signed on for the ziplines!   We completed 5 zips, and Matthew added a Tarzan swing (4--he took my two).

Matt getting ready to "assume the position".
Now why, after I give the boy my "swing time," does he do the "nanny-nanny-boo-ha"?  Little fart....we'll just see if I  am ever generous again!
Then, I went into the free-activities-mode.  We played frisbee golf.  (Is it called"frolf"?)  We took a wonderful hike in the national forest, played some SORRY, and enjoyed a fire after a comforting dinner of sandwiches (smiles).   In the morning, it was a full breakfast--eggs, quiche, pancakes, muffins, cake (Why didn't I get the memo that this was a breakfast food?), and cups of amazing fresh coffee.  Although, we won't do it again.  The memories are delicious!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sweetheart, are you not scared of swing by tress? The loft looks so neat and tree house!!
    Susan, are you ok by hit head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Alex is so going to be jealous of you both!

    ReplyDelete