Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pacific Beach, WA

First and foremost--THANK YOU, Moe and Joe, for your hospitality!  I was told by a woman that your town, once found, would be a "special discovery"; it was.  It was even more of a treat to have time with the two of you--smiles!
Joe and Moe from Indianola, WA...good people!
From the Puget Sound area, we headed to the Pacific coast.  We have had two absolutely gorgeous days--sunny and warm.  (Today, I was even hot!)  
On the beach...
The Pacific Ocean from the top of the bluffs
The first day here, while walking on the beach, Matthew decided to try skipping a stone.  I tried to tell him that it wouldn't work with the waves, but he insisted.  Okay, what could go wrong?  It would be a lesson learned.  (Physics or something, right?!)  I had momentarily forgotten...for those of you who know Matt, you know that if something is stepped in, fallen over, tripped over, knocked over, or injured in any way, it happened to Matt.  Well, as he nears the water, I remember, and decide it would be best to roll-up my pant-legs.  While bending to task, I hear this "splash!"  I look up and see my son flailing, on his back, fully clothed, in six inches of water.  "What happened?" Seriously, although I live with the boy, I was still incredulous.  I mean, really, six inches of water!  What can you do?  I shook my head, the two of us laughed, and we ascended the bluffs to do a load of laundry and to take showers.
Although totally soaked, everything was saved--watch, glasses, wallet, leather belt, shoes, keys for the RV (the fancy ones)...Matt survived the experience AND he says he learned something,"I won't skip stones in the ocean."  (I swear there has to be a more pertinent lesson, but at this juncture, I will take ANY learning! SMILES!)
Today, we were able to volunteer--helped set-up a haunted house!  Definitely a fun new experience for both of us!  Although we could work longer on "the house," Matt and I have decided to take off for Oregon tomorrow morning.  
Catch you all the next time we have wifi!
The spider room.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment