Thursday, December 19, 2013

Holbrook AZ to Williams AZ

The highlight of the day, after leaving Holbrook, was the Meteor Crater.  "It is the best preserved and first proven meteorite impact site on Planet Earth."  The impact happened 50,000 years ago. (Yes, just a little "factoid.")  The wind was oh-my-gosh!  The guides were not doing tours on the rim…I think they were concerned about the legal ramification if someone were blown off the path.  SMILES!  Yes, Matt and I still went outside.



Oh! I totally forgot about the Cadillac Ranch--just west of Amarillo, TX.  Matt and I walked out to the site.  A young man was there adding decoration to the Caddies.  They were quite festive!  Happy Holidays everyone!

  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, cars so cool!!! Someday one day, I want visit there.. Did you both enjoy outside? It's very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete