Friday, December 6, 2013

Holiday, Friends, and Family

It has been a warm and wonderful visit to the Midwest.  Okay, it isn't WARM; I think the temperature today was in the single digits.  (All liquids in the RV are frozen; all, except for the Weidner's deliciously special Irish Cream…smiles!)
Matthew and I were able to visit friends in Council Bluffs/Omaha.  AWESOME!!!
I love you all!!!!
Tom, Sarah, Santa, Matthew, and Sue
(THANK YOU for your hospitality!)
Katie--the woman who worked with Matthew for almost 3 years!
Thank you for being such a vital part of our lives!
Great luck in MN!!!  The company is lucky to have you…
The breakfast bunch--Joanne, Jen, Dee, Julie, Beth
Matthew and Ava
Oh heck, I really need to take more photos!  See what the rest of you have to look forward to?  A huge hug to all of you with whom Matt and I had a chance to see and/or talk (but sadly not digitally capture)--all of my amazing and wonderful ISD students, Dusty, John, Kelly, Monica, Nancy, Donna, Sue, Jeanette, Bryce, Roxie, LeeAnn, Cheryl, Diane, Lori, Wendy, Kristi, Teresa, Deb, Reece, Kristen, Cindy, Diane, Rosetta, Dave, Erica, Sheri, Natasha, Alexander, and Kim.  (If I have forgotten to list anyone, I am sorry.  You might want to consider it a positive thing--you aren't "on my list"!)

THEN--
The Trucano families converged on my parent's home in Ottumwa, Iowa, the day before Thanksgiving.  (If you think I am loud, you should hear the ruckus when the sixteen of us are in the same space!)  Mom outdid herself--the food was FANTASTIC! Thank you!
Since "no one jumped at the chance" for a family photo, I have resurrected this one taken in 2005.
Back row (L to R): Bill, Joan, me, Matthew, Alec, Emma
Front row (L to R): Noah, Jennifer, Sarah, John, Jonathan, Margaret (Mom), Vernon (Dad), DeAnn, Eli

So, NOW will you guys allow me to take a new family photo?
I did get some candid shots--
Jonathan, Matt, Vernon (Dad), Emma
Alec and Eli are in the background
Family fun playing Shut the Box
Eli and DeAnn
No hams in this family!
DeAnn made the pies--the pecan was over-the-top delicious!
(L toR) Jennifer, Melody, John, Vernon, Bill, Jonathan, Eli, and Joan
Laughter--it really is what my family does best!

3 comments:

  1. Susan,
    you have beautiful family!!! You and your brother John look-like, wow!!! Enjoy your travel, drive safe and KEEP STAY WARM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you treking out to Illinois still? Love watching your travels and reading your stories!! But it does make me miss you that much more!

    XOXO Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot how long your hair used to be.... WOW. Was great seeing you when you got here. I still can't believe we were able to see you (twice)!

    ReplyDelete