Saturday, December 14, 2013

Route 66..day 2 (Claremore OK to Oklahoma City OK)

This was a VERY busy day!  It started with an early morning sighting of a blue whale, and ended with The Hobbit.  
A whale…

and its tail.

The giant golden driller…

and his tail…smiles!



One-of-a-kind historical sign







Ollies Station Restaurant has ten model trains…Matt loved it!

Lincoln Motel--cabins





Round Barn
roof of the round barn
POPS--giant soda pop bottle (66-foot-tall)
Oklahoma City National Memorial 
We went to an evening showing of The Hobbit.  Can you believe it? I think there will be a third!  No, not complaining, just amazed.  This night, last night, we stayed in our RV.  The heater kept us toasty, but the wind was howling.  I woke up in the dark-of-night remembering I was in Oklahoma, and I had forgotten where the tornado shelter was located.  The weather has been so different (records broken, locals mystified, weather reporters excited…) Anyway, I need to get to bed earlier tonight--smiles!
Hope this finds you all well, rested, and warm!
Smiles and love,
Susan

1 comment:

  1. Amazing pictures!!!
    I already touched in Springfield, MO with my grandparents in 2002 or 2003. Did you enjoy watch" The Hobbit"?
    Take care and be safe in OK!!

    ReplyDelete