Monday, December 16, 2013

Route 66…day 4 (Clinton OK to Amarillo TX)

I had intended to do some driving today.  Smiles, yes, you know where this is going…First, let me show you some of the cool sign/icons pictures Matt and I took today--
Sayre, OK
Sayre, OK or was it Erick, OK?….
Erick, OK (?) 
McLean, TX
The leaning water tower of Groom, TX
Prior to this picture taking frenzy, Matthew and I visited the Washita Battlefield National Historic Site. We first watched a film about the history of Washita.  I am mortified by the atrocities we committed on the native population…
We hiked the interpretive trail near the visitor center.  Although it was a solemn activity, Matt and I enjoyed being outside.  The day was beautiful--high 62 degrees.
A sad morning, but we learned.
Washita--camp ground and battlefield 
Prayer bundle/scarf on one of the trees near the river
To healing
To peace
To tolerance
To love…


1 comment:

  1. 62 degrees nice weather!! It's very interesting about prayer bundles/scarf, it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete